Thursday 25 October 2012

Illustrator Alphabet From Chosen Letter




This is my chosen letter for typeface brief. I think that it was one of the strongest letters that I created. I also thought it would be the most interesting to try and reproduce digitally. It was quite a challenge to create as I am not the strongest on Illustrator. This task has really helped to develop my skills on Illustrator.





Firstly I had to create a stamp, I made a tiny dot stamp and started to create different layers in order to create this gradient effect. This part of the process was really time consuming, and took a few attempts in order to get an equal effortless gradual gradient effect.



This is the arial typeface that i discarded in favour of the impact typeface.

Next I created the letterform. I started off the process using the typeface arial, but I decided that the characteristics of the font didn't suit the style I was trying to create. I wanted a heavy, thick typeface, in order to add juxtaposition to the light popping nature of the pattern. In the end i decided to go with the typeface 'IMPACT' i think it is loads more effective.




Next i created outlines for the letterforms, I did this step as it made the letters easier to handle. It made them easy to resize and edit the anchor points.




Next I layered the Letter on top of the pattern and selected the whole thing, making sure that the letter was the top layer.



Next I went to object > clipping mask > make. This step made the letterform out of the pattern.

This was the end result. I the repeated these steps for the remaining letters.



Final typeface


No comments:

Post a Comment