Monday 10 March 2014

OUGD503 Responsive: Purdey's Final Boards and evaluation

OUGD503 
RESPONSIVE
PURDEY'S
SUBMISSION BOARDS













THE BRIEF -
This was the D&AD brief that I chose to focus on as my main brief for the responsive modules. The brief was set by Purdey’s to redesign and repackage Purdey’s two energy drinks.

MY RESPONSE -
For my response for this brief I decided to redesign the existing bottles. I opted for a more simple and clean design as opposed to the busy design previously used. This is because the brand wants to portray healthy living and cleanliness of body and mind. Colour choice played a big part in my design decisions. I used a range of natural subtle colours with a soft gradient to connote the brand ethos of health and well being. I created a brand consistency so that the bottles worked as a pair but also had their own individual appearances.
One of the strengths of the final outcome is the end design and the concept behind it. I think a weakness of the brief is the final resolution. To make my chances of winning this competition greater I could have focused on the bottle in situation and ways of portraying the bottle in a 3D format.

EVALUATION-
Over all I am really pleased with this brief. This was one of the briefs that I spent the most time on. However, I didn’t ever have the time to souly devote large periods of time to develop the brief. As a result I don’t think that the end resolution is as well developed as I would have liked.
This brief has taught me a lot about time management and distributing my time evenly between different briefs. As this was one of my first briefs I started I think I have learned lots from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment