Wednesday 11 December 2013

OUGD504 Design for print: Design choices

OUGD504
DESIGN FOR PRINT
DESIGN CHOICES



For my heading font i have decided to use Ostrich sans. I think this is an appropriate header font as it is bold, clean and clear. I want my book to connote timelessness, I also want it to be clear and functional as it is something for printers to refer to when physically printing so has to be easy to use. My body copy will be written in helvetica.



I decided to use black and white images to help break up the text, as my book is quite informative. 




Although i like the monotone theme of my book i thought it needed a pop of colour. I decided to add red. I think red is a good colour to add a pop of colour with out over powering. The colour red is also associated with fire and passion, My book aims to make people more passionate about print processes.





No comments:

Post a Comment