Monday 9 December 2013

OUGD504 Design for web: Logo Development

OUGD504
DESIGN FOR WEB
LOGO DEVELOPMENT

First of all I created a circle on illustrator. I need to create a vector logo so that it can be permeated across all areas of my website no matter what size it needs to be. I watched youtube tutorials and researched on line how to create a tear drop vector.

I first created a path across the top of my circle so that all the anchor points were separate.

I then stretched the top of the circle out so it was the right sort of shape for a tear drop. When i had created the tear drop shape I added text.


I decided to use the typeface BLACKOUT. I think the heaviness of the type face works well to contradict the fluidity of oil spills.

This was the final design that i settled on I next decided to invert the logo to add more weight to it.


I am really happy with the final logo. I think the typeface used connotes heaviness and seriousness, paired with the oil drop shape the logo represents the efforts to provide aid to the oilspill disaster, which is the message of my website.





No comments:

Post a Comment