Wednesday 4 December 2013

OUGD504 Design for print: Print experiments

OUGD504
DESIGN FOR PRINT
PRINT EXPERIMENTS


Whilst at the Vernon street print workshop, I focussed lots of my attention on monopriniting. I used the same stencil throughout and am really impressed by how many variations of print you can make by using the same stencils. I really like the more stylised conceptual letterforms. 


MONOPRINT:














I think this letter works really well. Here i was looking at how much of the letter form you could take away for the letter still to be legible. I really like the shape and form and the light grey tones against the dark black background.





This is my favourite letter form. I really like the contrast in tones. I think the strong geometric white line adds structure and form. i also think it highlights the difference between light and dark tones.





LETTER PRESS:

As I spent a lot of time mono printing, I didn't get to spend as much time as I had wanted on letter press. However I think what i have created is successful. I like the layout and spacing of the letters. I apply enough pressure to some of the letters such as the 'A' and 'M'. The letter 'S' had imperfections on the block its self. However i think these imperfections add character and style and add a sense of man made quality.





Here i scanned the letter press in to the computer and added a layer of colour on photoshop. I like the bold bright colour. I think it resembles screen printing. Style wise it also reminds me of Werkman's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment