Monday 9 December 2013

OUGD504 Design for web: Coding website

OUGD504
DESIGN FOR WEB
CODING WEBSITE

For the website design I decided to use the same wire frame that simon had taught us during our web sessions. I did this as i am not overly confident with web design and could use the code we learnt with simon to refer to if I got stuck.



I first created a file named root to store all of my work in, It is important to create a root folder in order to keep all of your work together.


I then created an images folder with in this to store all my images in.



I next created an Index page and css style sheet.


After this I clicked 'save as' and saved the remaining pages in my website

Using my CSS style sheet i set the body copy text that i wanted to use, I chose font colour size and font family

I also chose a font style and size for the header.

I set the container size 

The navigation size

The logo size and position

Button size and position.




I used bright colours so i could map out where all of my boxes were and to make sure they all lined up.


Next i set about creating my buttons.



I opened up an illustrator art board with the correct dimensions, making sure it was in web mode.


I created the first layer of my button.


I then created a new layer to create the second layer of my roll over button.


This is the second layer of my button. I saved each layer of my button separately. I clicked save for web and saved them as .png with the names about.png and about1.png. I repeated these steps for all of my buttons.




To create the roll over image i selected it from the insert option on dreamweaver and followed the steps.


Once i was happy with the layout of the page i created a template so that the code could be applied across all of my pages. Each page will have the same code with a section called 'editable content' This is where i can put all the images and information for my website.




I next made a left and right column for my website, This is to put in the editable region of all of my pages except the home page.



Again i changed the colours temporarily to make sure everything worked. 



I next had to format the images so they were appropriate for web. I edited the image size and saved them as .png files .






As my web site is now all set up all that is left to do is source all of my information and images and add it to my website.









No comments:

Post a Comment