Thursday 6 February 2014

OUGD503 Responsive: Purdey's Crit

OUGD503
RESPONSIVE
PURDEY'S
SUBMISSION BOARD CRIT









This crit on my final design boards was really beneficial and helped me iron out the creases in my final design, and what the judges of D&AD will judge me on. The feedback pointed out a number of different things for me to improve on. Firstly there are a number of grammatical errors that need to be addressed. Secondly it was brought to my attention that the boards over all are to text heavy. The design boards should be mainly image based as the brief requirements state "up to 8 jpeg images". There were also some positives from the crit, The feedback that i received was that the impact board was very strong and caught the viewers attention from the offset. At the end of the session fred brought it to the attention of the group that everyones boards were default "apple mac screen" shaped. I have decided that it would be more beneficial to display the final boards portrait as opposed to landscape as this will allow me to show the bottle design off to its best proportions.


REVISED BOARDS:










Over all i am a lot happier with the revised boards. I think they better visually represent my work at the best format at scale. I think they are eye catching and stand out.



No comments:

Post a Comment