Saturday 1 February 2014

OUGD503 Responsive: Secret 7" Elbow

OUGD503
RESPONSIVE
SECRET 7"
ELBOW




The concept behind this brief was to focus on the bar featured on the song. During my research in to the lyrics of the song I found out that the lyrics "There's a hole in my neighbourhood Down which of late I cannot help but fall" refer to a bar in manchester called the temple. The song was written for a close friend of the band that passed he is refered to as "the seldom seen kid"





This image represents the three band members, The red spiral represents the friend they have lost. The spiral also represents the spiral of depression and hurt expressed throughout the song.

FINAL DESIGN:



Over all i am happy with the end resolution. I think it is a conceptual and interpretive representation of the song. I also wanted to created art work for the Vinyl completely different from what Elbow currently have as their art work has a very distinctive style.

No comments:

Post a Comment