Wednesday 12 February 2014

OUGD503 Responsive: Secret 7" Lorde

OUGD503
RESPONSIVE
SECRET 7"
LORDE




For this brief I focused on specific lyric of the song Team by Lorde “We live in cities you’ll never see on screen, Not very pretty, but we sure know how to run things, Living in ruins of a palace within my dreams” The lyrics conjured up images of Hashima Island. This was the driving force behind the concept and end product.




Whilst in suffolk i took a number of photos that I think fit the aesthetic that i am going for. Above are two of the images that i am considering using for the final resolution.







FINAL DESIGN:


I am really pleased with this design, I think it clearly shows the concept that I created. The grainy texture of the cover adds an eery element to the design, this echoes Lorde's haunting voice and gritty lyrics. I think that I maybe could have spent more time developing this design.







No comments:

Post a Comment