Thursday 2 January 2014

OUGD503 Responsive: F/11 Exhibition Initial developments

OUGD503
RESPONSIVE
F/11 EXHIBITION

This brief was set by a Sheffield Hallam photography student who is holding an exhibition in sheffield in collaboration with a number of other photography students. 


On contacting the client about what aesthetic she required it became apparent that she wasn't exactly sure what she was looking for so I said I would come up with some resolutions i think could work and feed back to her.




After sending the above to the client she told me that to keep costs down the posters would need to be monochromatic. This was the first time the client had expressed this to me. At this point i started to become aware that she wasn't sure what she was after. After a long detailed talk to fill in the cracks with the brief and after i had conducted more research i felt happier perusing the brief with a greater sense of direction.


The client and I both decided that this poster had the most potential. It also has the strongest and most rational concept. As F/11 is an aperture setting i used a visual representation of a camera shutter. I then went away to develop the concept and imagery further.




At this point the client decided that the posters should in fact be in full colour to be more eye catching. Although it was a change in the brief again, i felt that colour would greater benefit the poster and was happy to try and incorporate it.




These are two of the colour variations I sent to the client. She then had to relay the images back to the other photographers in the exhibition this took over a week and was pretty time consuming. However during that time I decided to develop the posters a lot more. The response for this poster for reasonable, but I my self wasn't happy with the design and new it could be pushed a lot further.






No comments:

Post a Comment