Sunday 12 January 2014

OUGD504 Design For Print: Proof reading and solving.

OUGD504
DESIGN FOR PRINT
PROOF READING AND SOLVING


Although I had briefly read through my book to make sure there were no spelling mistakes I unfortunately missed a glaringly obvious one after I had sent my book to print. I decided to go through my book with a fine tooth comb to make sure it is perfect. I have only just realised the mistakes a few days ahead of the deadline, hopefully I can go to a drop in print slot to solve this.

In hind sight i should have prepared for this and left my self a lot more time. This has taught me that it is imperative to proof read in great deal. In future i will also get someone else to proof read my work for me.




This is the uncorrected spelling mistake, unfortunately it is a header and in bold writing so hard to miss, as I want my book to be of high standard I hope to be able to resolve this, however due to time constraints it will be hard.


I took this opportunity to refine other areas of my book that could be developed more. I tweaked a number of different things to improve my print book.





The first thing I noticed that was my contents page came after my introduction. Looking at other books I noticed that this wasn't a common convention of a standard book to I changed them round.



I also added page numbers to my book to make navigating around it better. I think that adding the page numbers has improved the functionality of the book no end.



I added more information to the preparation stage of my embossing section as it was sparse before hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment