Tuesday 7 January 2014

OUGD504 Design for print and web: Logo development

OUGD504
DESIGN FOR PRINT AND WEB
LOGO DEVELOPMENT

Original logo design:
This was my original logo design, after conducting a crit with some of my peers it became apparent that the logo didn't fit in to my concept and didn't show the theme of 'TYPE' enough. I decided to scrap this logo and work on something different.


Incorporating with my theme of different types by logo will incorporate 3 different type faces.

Although I want the type faces to be different I also want continuity with in my design so am looking for 3 typefaces with only subtle differences. after a lot of trial and error I decided on the following three:




I think there are subtle differences with these typefaces but they still work together. 

I decided to keep the same slogan 'what's your type?' as i thought it worked well.



I think that the typography works well in this logo however it is lacking some constraint, I next decided to add a box around the type.




                                                     

I think that adding the boarder has made the lettering work better as a logo. I think colour needs to be added in order to make the logo stand out more. I chose the colour red as red is a common colour for food outlets as it makes people hungry e.g. Mcdonalds and KFC. The colour red also represents the colour steak and how well it is cooked.

Final logo design:


I think this logo works well, it also relays in to other areas of my design such as the order forms that contain lists.















No comments:

Post a Comment