Monday 13 January 2014

OUGD504 Design for print: Book binding

OUGD504
DESIGN FOR PRINT
BOOK BINDING


Here are the steps i took to bind my book.



Firstly I used a bone folder to make sure my pages were extremely well folded,  I then put my pages in order and secured them in place with a bulldog clip.


I used a needle attached to a wooden handle to punch holes into my print book.



I repeated this step with the leather, this proved more difficult due to the thickness of the leather. Eventually poked all the holes through the leather.


I used a saddle stitch bind, Again threading the needle through the leather proved very difficult, During this stage I damaged the inside of the book.


I completed the saddle stitch to bind the book together. I think this stage was blighted through the use of makeshift tools. If i could rebind my book i would do more research in to tools and tricks to help binding with leather.




No comments:

Post a Comment