Wednesday 1 January 2014

OUGD504 Design for print: Book grids and production

OUGD504
DESIGN FOR PRINT
GRIDS AND PRODUCTION

I want to keep my books simple and minimal, I want the design to be timeless and straight forward. The size of my book is A5 I chose A5 as it is ergonomically, it is the perfect size to slip in top you bag and big enough to display the information that i feel neccessary.


Grids:












I decided to create a 4 by 4 grid in order to aid my design and layout.



I next started to play around with the information i had trying out different layouts 




I really like the image on the right with the overlapping text however i think with the information on the left it makes the layout look unbalanced and contradicting.



Here I tried to correct the imbalance by moving the header to the left hand of the right page. However I still feel that the double page spread doesn't match, and doesn't flow. I also think that this design does fit my concept.


                            

I really like the simplicity of this design, the page looks equal and balanced this is the page layout i will use throughout the book.






















No comments:

Post a Comment